Wednesday 2 November 2011

All Ireland Roller Derby Bout

On Tuesday the roster for our upcoming home bout against All Ireland Roller Derby was announced. My name was on it!

The bout is the first of a double header. The second is AIRD against an all-star midlands lineup. The first is against the Blitz Dames A-team. The fearsome Roisin Roulette is playing for Ireland, against us. I don't feel good about this.

It's my first ever A-team bout and I'm quite nervous. There are a few usual A-teamers that are unavailable to skate that day, rather than me having wrestled my way in, so I feel that I'm not really up to A-team standard. However I spend a lot of time shouting at people to be more positive about themselves, so I will have to take my own advice.

I am not panicking. I am zen. Everyone has been incredibly supportive and I feel lucky to be part of such a wonderful league.

What most worries me is somehow not skating to my full potential.

Also, what to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment